Available July 9 -14 and July 26-30: Muskoka River Cottage with Boathouse!
1037 Maplewood Road
|July & August Weekly Rate||$5000|
|Cleaning Fee||$250 plus HST|
|Admin Fee||3% of rental rate|
|Refundable Security Deposit||$1,500|
About this property
July 9- 14 (5 nights)
July 26 – 30 (4 Nights)
Beautiful and newly renovated cottage on the Muskoka River with Boathouse! 3 bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms, living and dining area in the main cottage and 2 living space in the boathouse is great for kids! Vaulted ceilings, hardwood floors and modern appliances. Terrific birds eye view from the large upper deck, beautiful sand beach and shallow entry waterfront (see description below). Western Exposure, 112 feet of frontage. 1,600 sq/feet main cottage and 400 sq/feet boathouse.
Fire pit, out door hot tub and 2 kayaks available for use. Main cottage has A/C, Satellite TV and internet. Satellite TV in the boathouse too!
Very close proximity to the mouth of Lake Muskoka allows for great boating and access to tons of lakes!
Mobile Hub Internet and Wifi is consistent, however in the summer in Muskoka speeds can slow down as the population increases. General recommendation is that it can be used for browsing/emailing consistently, but may not always be able to steam media (this is the norm in Rural Muskoka).
Waterfront: Since the cottage in on the Muskoka River at the mouth of Lake Muskoka, the waterfront is slightly different than most. There is a shallow entry, with a mix of sand and grass, which extends out most of the length of the boathouse. The water stays very shallow (knee height) for quite a ways out, and then drops deeper (around where the buoy markers are).
Queen beds in both main bedrooms, bunk with double on the bottom and single on the top in 3rd bedroom.
Muskoka Room now furnished with large dining table (not pictured).
Suitable for up to 4 adults and 3 kids.
Please note that the cottage is in a family friendly area with neighbors on either side. Guests most suitable for this location are families looking for a relaxing getaway (Thank you).
Security deposit of $1,500 required upon check in.
(Portable fireplace pictured in boathouse upper balcony not included).
- The villa is a Smoke-Free residence. Any damage to the property due to cigarette smoke or burns will be deducted from your security deposit.
- Pets are not permitted (exceptions will not be made, thank you).
- Security/Damage Deposit: Security Deposit is not paid at the time of booking. Credit Card Pre-Authorization is acceptable prior to check in. Security Deposit will be returned in full within 7 days after check-out date if there is no damage to the property. Tenant(s) agree to be responsible for and reimburse the Landlord in full within 90 days for any and all repairs to damage that exceeds the Security/Damage Deposit.
- Tenant(s) agree that the cottage is for their recreational purposes only and no sub-letting nor other commercial activity shall be carrier on.
- Tenant(s) acknowledge that the Landlord accepts no liability for loss, damage, death, illness, nor injury suffered by the Tenant(s) and/or his/her guests as a result of using this property. The Tenant(s) acknowledge that the use of the property is entirely at the Tenant(s)’ own risk. The Tenant(s) shall indemnify and hold harmless the Landlord against and from any and all expenses, costs, damages, suits, actions, or liabilities arising from any and all loss of or damage to personal property, injury, personal condition, or death resulting from the use of the rental property, grounds, boats, and lake.
- The Tenant(s) shall give the Landlord prompt written notice of any accident, unsafe or dangerous condition, or other defect to the cottage, surrounding property, buildings, equipment, or other chattel belonging to the Landlord. The Tenant(s) shall be liable for any damage done by reason of water being left running from taps in the property or improper use of appliances, septic system, and equipment provided.
- The Landlord shall provide and maintain the premises in a good state of repair and fit for habitation and complying with municipal health, safety, and maintenance standard.
- The Landlord is not responsible for situations beyond his control that may or may not negatively affect the Tenant(s)’ stay, such as weather conditions or utility outages due to storms
- The tenant(s) agree not to use the internet (if provided) for unlawful purposes such as illegally downloading or streaming media. Tenant(s) agree to be directly responsible for fines or penalties incurred.
- Cancellation Policy: Admin Fee paid is non-refundable. 100% refund of rental rate, cleaning fee and applicable HST for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date. No refunds for cancellations with less than 30 days notice. (we will try to re-book and are open to refunds provided that we can).
- Pets Allowed
- Security System
- Air Conditioning
- Cable / Satellite
- Inernet / wifi
- On-site Storage
- Fireplace / Woodstove
- Fridge / Stove
- Pots / pans / utensils / glasses
- Coffee Maker
- Grill / BBQ
- Ice Maker
- Linens / Towels
- High Chair
- Hair Dryer
- Iron / Ironing Board
- Hot Tub
- TV / DVD
- Music Library
- Water Toys
- Canoe / Kayak
- Suitable for Large Groups