Sept Dates Available – Beautiful True North Log Home on the Muskoka River
183 River Valley Drive, Huntsville
|Summer Weekly Rate||$4,300|
|Cleaning Fee||$300 plus HST|
|Admin Fee||3% of Rental Rate|
About this property
TO USE BOOKING CALENDAR:
- Click the White Check In Date Box
- Select Desired Check In Date
- Click the White Check out Date Box
- Select Desired Check Out Date
- Select Green ‘Available’ box to proceed.
September Weeks Available
Welcome to 183 River Valley Drive!
Located on a very picturesque setting, tucked into and nestled amongst pine trees on 2 acres, at the end of a paved cul de sac, is this unique True North Log Home, on the muskoka river.
This stunning 2500 square foot log home has been built with exceptional quality, beauty and durability, using the worlds most technologically advanced log home system.
A true sense of tranquility resides here! Log homes are known to create an environment that invokes a sense of calmness, peace and solitude, that encourages us to escape the hectic pace of day to day life.
Upon entering, you are greeted with a soaring cathedral ceiling, a spectacular floor to ceiling wood burning stone fireplace and ambient light shining through the windows that offer a beautiful long view of the water.
The spacious open concept living/dining/kitchen area is tastefully designed with great attention to detail. Along with a combination of modern stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops, a large custom kitchen island, cottage comfortable furnishings and warm wood accents all make this living space perfect for all of your family gatherings.
The bevelled glass double door entry into the master bedroom oasis is located on the main floor and boasts a cathedral ceiling, a king size rustic log bed and a private walkout to the deck, welcoming lazy summer mornings tucked into this haven will be the perfect way to start each day. This luxurious master bedroom also offers a small separate dressing room area and an ensuite bathroom with large double sinks and a bathtub/shower.
The beautifully customized staircase leads you to the lower level large open concept living space. This is where your family and friends can gather together to, enjoy cocktails at the custom built bar, watch their favourite movie or sports in the living room area or play air hockey, darts or a game of chess at the games table. The hot tub is conveniently located on the lower patio overlooking the river, and is a popular spot for everyone!
This exceptional log home is located in a great location on the muskoka river. It offers lots of privacy, comfortable swimming, kayaking, canoeing, paddle boating and fishing directly from the newly built dock. There is plenty of outdoor space, as there is a large upper deck that wraps around the entire main level of the cottage and has an excellent view, overlooking the water and is a great spot to enjoy your breakfast, lunch and dinner. As well, there is a lower level patio that expands the length of the cottage, to spend time and enjoy the hot tub. From there, a flagstone walkway takes you to a large deck that cantilevers over the waters edge, with glass panels allowing for an unobstructed view of the water and the surrounding forest directly across the river. This deck is the perfect spot to spend your days relaxing in the sun, or in the shade (umbrellas provided), watching your friends and family enjoying all of the water activities.
For the adventurer, the river allows for long meandering canoe trips with lovely scenery along the way. Only a short 5-10 minute canoe/kayak ride up the river is The Balsam Chutes. This area features a beautiful, private and picturesque sand bar in the centre of a large open area of water overlooking the chutes (see pics). This is a perfect place to spend hours swimming, fishing or hanging out on the sandy beach which offers a shallow walkout entry.
The location is ideal, 15 minutes south to Bracebridge and 20 minutes north to Huntsville and both towns have hospitals, grocery stores, LCBO, great shopping, movie theatres, restaurants and many other amenities. The quaint town of Port Sydney is only a quick 10 minute drive which has a gas station, supermarket with LCBO, hardware store and a few small eating establishments.
Please note; This is a quiet family area and our cottage is best suited for families looking to enjoy a peaceful and relaxing vacation. Thank you.
This cottage has 5 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms and accommodates up to 10 people.
- The main level has 2 bedrooms (1 king bed and 1 double bed)
- The lower level has 3 bedroom (1 king bed, 3 twin beds/bunk in bedroom separated by barn door and 1 queen bed in other bedroom)
- All linens provided for all beds
- Bath towels provided (guests to bring beach towels)
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Tassimo/regular coffee maker
- Water cooler (guests need to bring water jug)
- Kitchen island with 4 bar stools
- Dining table with 8 seats
- No telephone
- Good cell phone reception
- No internet
- 1 – 3 piece washroom
- 1 – 5 piece washroom
- Washer/dryer (laundry room)
- Forced-air propane heating
- Central air-conditioning
- Wood burning fireplace – main level (some wood)
- Gas fireplace – lower level
- 2 – TV’s with Bell Satellite – main level & lower level
- 2 – TV’s with DVD players only – 2 bedrooms main level
- 3 separate outside deck/patio’s
- Propane BBQ (extra propane tank on site)
- Hot tub
- Patio table & chairs
- Miscellaneous outside lounge chairs etc
- Lifejackets (some, various sizes)
- 2 mini fridges
- Dart board, air hockey table, games table, board games, books, DVD’s
- UV water filtration system – water source is river (Guests to bring water to drink & cook with)
- 1 canoe, 1 kayak, 1 paddle boat, 1 paddle board (some paddles provided)
- Some ceiling fans/portable fans
- Ample parking
- Toilet paper, paper towel, dish soap, dishwasher pucks, garbage/recycle bags, dish clothes/towels are provided
- The villa is a Smoke-Free residence. Any damage to the property due to cigarette smoke or burns will be deducted from your security deposit.
- Pets are not permitted (exceptions will not be made, thank you).
- Security/Damage Deposit: Security Deposit is not paid at the time of booking. Credit Card Pre-Authorization is acceptable prior to check in. Security Deposit will be returned in full within 7 days after check-out date if there is no damage to the property. Tenant(s) agree to be responsible for and reimburse the Landlord in full within 90 days for any and all repairs to damage that exceeds the Security/Damage Deposit.
- Tenant(s) agree that the cottage is for their recreational purposes only and no sub-letting nor other commercial activity shall be carrier on.
- Tenant(s) acknowledge that the Landlord accepts no liability for loss, damage, death, illness, nor injury suffered by the Tenant(s) and/or his/her guests as a result of using this property. The Tenant(s) acknowledge that the use of the property is entirely at the Tenant(s)’ own risk. The Tenant(s) shall indemnify and hold harmless the Landlord against and from any and all expenses, costs, damages, suits, actions, or liabilities arising from any and all loss of or damage to personal property, injury, personal condition, or death resulting from the use of the rental property, grounds, boats, and lake.
- The Tenant(s) shall give the Landlord prompt written notice of any accident, unsafe or dangerous condition, or other defect to the cottage, surrounding property, buildings, equipment, or other chattel belonging to the Landlord. The Tenant(s) shall be liable for any damage done by reason of water being left running from taps in the property or improper use of appliances, septic system, and equipment provided.
- The Landlord shall provide and maintain the premises in a good state of repair and fit for habitation and complying with municipal health, safety, and maintenance standard.
- The Landlord is not responsible for situations beyond his control that may or may not negatively affect the Tenant(s)’ stay, such as weather conditions or utility outages due to storms
- The tenant(s) agree not to use the internet (if provided) for unlawful purposes such as illegally downloading or streaming media. Tenant(s) agree to be directly responsible for fines or penalties incurred.
- Cancellation Policy: Admin Fee paid is non-refundable. 100% refund of rental rate, cleaning fee and applicable HST for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date. No refunds for cancellations with less than 30 days notice. (we will try to re-book and are open to refunds provided that we can).
- Pets Allowed
- Security System
- Air Conditioning
- Cable / Satellite
- Inernet / wifi
- On-site Storage
- Fireplace / Woodstove
- Fridge / Stove
- Pots / pans / utensils / glasses
- Coffee Maker
- Grill / BBQ
- Ice Maker
- Linens / Towels
- High Chair
- Hair Dryer
- Iron / Ironing Board
- Hot Tub
- TV / DVD
- Music Library
- Water Toys
- Canoe / Kayak
- Suitable for Large Groups